Posts tagged Sherlock
Posts tagged Sherlock
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
your black heart
your black soul
WhoLock AU: Uploaded
└ Sherlock is taken by the Wi-Fi.
Rose Tyler and John Watson Parallels.
thSI FUCKIGN FANDOM IM GONNA CRY
“ARE YOU WEARING GRAPES YOU WEREN’T WEARING GRAPES BEFORE”
You doing alright there fandom?
And so it begins…
I am currently sitting at my desk nursing a case of the sniffles and a hot chocolate while I work on one of the five essays due in on March 18th. It’s nice to know that once I get all my work done this lot will be running around Cardiff again. A brighter future for all! Sniff, sniff.
If Sherlock was an animated show.
I took random screencaps from A Scandal in Belgravia and redrew them as cartoons.
by krusca at deviantart.com
It’s SO BEAUTIFUL
you didn’t think I’d reblog something that heartbreaking without a happy ending did you? for shame!
I’m sure that Mrs. Hudson’s husband committed a great number of crimes in order to get sentenced to death. From the way she flinches when Sherlock slams his hands on the table, I’d say it’s safe to bet that one of his many crimes was spousal abuse.
That would certainly account for why Sherlock ensured his execution.
And why Sherlock got so enraged when he saw that she had been hurt
Idk why it took me so long to find this ^ out.
A.C. Doyle, you clever bastard, you.